Modern Pediatrics (MP) is half tech startup, half pediatrics practice. We were founded on the singular goal of creating the very best possible pediatrics experience imaginable for children, their families, and providers. Following this goal as our North Star, we developed a unique care model that includes the following benefits...
- All well-child and sick care occurs in the patient’s home
- 24/7 accessibility through virtual care (text message, phone, video visit)
- High-quality, evidence-based care, using the most up to date research available
- Thoughtful, empathic relationship building, which creates a profound depth of connection with our families
- Membership pricing which makes this service available to the broadest range of families possible, not just the wealthy
- Tech-forward approach to everything we do for our patients and families
After launching in 2020, we've found that families absolutely love this model of care! You can find some of our patient reviews here to get a better feel.
- Key role on the MP’s Admin Team supporting both patients and our care team
- Hybrid in-person (Austin) and remote work
- Frequent interaction with our patients (actually, their parents) through text message, email, phone
- Frequent interaction with our care team (primarily physicians and nurse practitioners) - important to have a close relationship and tight communication to ensure everything runs smoothly for patients
- A few of the responsibilities (no direct experience required - we’ll teach you!): patient questions and requests (non-clinical, of course), appointment scheduling, specialist referrals, school forms, faxes, insurance prior authorizations, medical billing
Why Join MP?
- Competitive compensation
- Equity ownership in a fast-growing startup
- Full medical / dental / vision benefits
- Open PTO policy
- Amazing colleagues
- Very happy patients
- You have a warm personality and love chatting with customers! You can also keep your cool if you’re working with a frustrated customer.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can handle a lot coming your way at once.
- Time sensitive responsibilities feel very normal to you, and a rush at certain times of day is no big deal.
- You are comfortable with lots of different apps and software. Your intuition makes it easy to learn new tools very quickly.
- When you don’t know how to do something, you Google it first.
- You pride yourself on the quality of your work. You make mistakes just like anyone else, but rarely make the same mistake twice.