Note: We're open to other relevant professionals, such as licensed vocational nurses (LVNs). We're also open to remote providers who don't live in Austin, TX.
Modern Pediatrics (MP) is a primary care pediatrics practice that was founded on the singular goal of creating the very best possible experience imaginable for children and their families. Following this goal as our North Star, we developed a unique care model that includes the following:
- All well-child and illness care occurs in the patient’s home
- 24/7 accessibility through virtual care (text message, phone, video visit)
- High-quality, evidence-based care, using the most up to date research available
- Thoughtful, empathic relationship building, which creates a profound depth of connection with our families
- Membership pricing which makes this service available to the broadest range of families possible, not just the wealthy
- Tech-forward approach to everything we do for our patients and families
Since our 2020 launch in Austin, we've found that families absolutely love this model of care! You can find some of our patient reviews here to get a better feel.
At the end of the day, Modern Pediatrics is simply about amazing medical professionals providing truly exceptional care to children and their families. Our job is to hire the very best people (that’s you!), and give them everything they need to do their jobs beautifully.
- Hours: Evening & Weekend
- Tue, Thu, Fri: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Sat, Sun: 2:00pm - 8:00pm
- These hours aren't set in stone - let's talk!
- Triaging text messages and calls from caregivers and providing clinical guidance.
- The bulk will be responding to non-urgent and urgent text messages/pictures/videos/phone calls from parents regarding their clinical questions, and providing them the appropriate assessment and plan for their child.
- You and the on-call PCP on call will manage these messages together, communicating and learning from one another.
- More brains are better than one!
- Documenting vaccine records for new patients
- Creating vaccine catch-up schedules for new patients who are behind
- Uploading test results and clinic notes from referral partners
- Other administrative items as needed
Why Join MP?
- Competitive hourly pay
- Amazing colleagues
- Very happy patients
- Must have experience in a pediatrics practice as a triage nurse or MA.
- High level of emotional intelligence and an empathy-first approach to working with your patients’ parents and caregivers
- The depth of connection with our families is the core of our success as an organization
- Thrive in a team-centered environment. Willingness to ask for help from your team members when you need it
- Driven in your pursuit of professional growth and life-long learning
- Confidence in your abilities, but not afraid to admit your weaknesses in the pursuit of learning
- Willingness to go above and beyond for the needs of our patients/families and the organization as a whole